Episode #286: Unreasonable f-strings
Published Fri, Jun 3, 2022, recorded Tue, May 31, 2022.
Watch the live stream:
About the show
Sponsored by us! Support our work through:
- Bary Warsaw and Paweł Polewicz
Michael #2: Announcing the PyOxy Python Runner
- PyOxy is all of the following:
- An executable program used for running Python interpreters.
- A single file and highly portable (C)Python distribution.
- An alternative
pythondriver providing more control over the interpreter than what
- A way to make some of PyOxidizer's technology more broadly available without using PyOxidizer.
- PyOxidizer is often used to generate binaries embedding a Python interpreter and a custom Python application. However, its configuration files support additional functionality, such as the ability to produce Windows MSI installers, macOS application bundles, and more.
pyoxyexecutable also embeds a copy of the Python standard library and imports it from memory using the oxidized_importer Python extension module.
Michael #4: PyCharm PR Management
- Really nice but not very discoverable
- Not covered in the docs, but super useful.
- Available in pro and free community edition
- Open a project that has an associated github git repo
- If the GitHub repo has a PR, you’ll see it in the Pull Requests tab.
- Browse the PRs, and open them for details
- There you can see the comments, close or merge it, and more
- Most importantly, check it out to see how it works
- Python + pyscript + WebAssembly: Python Web Apps, Running Locally with pyscript video is out
- And an iOS Python Apps video too