Episode #292: Thursday, it's always a Thursday
Published Mon, Jul 11, 2022, recorded Thu, Jul 7, 2022.
Watch the live stream:
About the show
Sponsored by Microsoft for Startups Founders Hub.
Brian #1: rich-codex
- by Phil Ewels
- suggested by Will McGugan
- “A GitHub Action / command-line tool which generates screen grab images of a terminal window, containing command outputs or code snippets.”
- Generate images from commands embedded in markdown files, like README.md, for example.
- Searches through markdown files for stuff like:
cat cat.txt | lolcat -S 1](img/cat.svg)
- then runs the command, and generates the image.
- Searches through markdown files for stuff like: ![
- Can be done within a GitHub action
- Can also send code snippets or json to rich-cli, then generate an image.
- You can also have commands in a config file,
- Very easy to use, makes very professional looking images for documentation, that’s always up to date.
Michael #2: Pydastic
- via Roman Right, by Rami Awar
- Pydastic is an elasticsearch python ORM based on Pydantic.
- Core Features
- Simple CRUD operations supported
- Sessions for simplifying bulk operations (a la SQLAlchemy)
- Dynamic index support when committing operations
- More on Elasticsearch here
- by Braden Riggs
- Package indentation matters
Local file access is possible.
[HTML_REMOVED] - numpy - pandas - paths: - /views.csv [HTML_REMOVED]
- DOM manipulation has interesting conventions
- For buttons, you can include pys-onClick=”your_function” parameter to trigger python functions when clicked.
- For retrieving user input from within the [HTML_REMOVED] tag document.getElementById(‘input_obj_id’).value can retrieve the input value.
- And Finally pyscript.write(“output_obj_id”, data) can write output to a tag from within the [HTML_REMOVED] tag.
- Michael's Pyscript videos
Michael #4: disnake
- via Sean Koenig
- disnake is a modern, easy to use, feature-rich, and async-ready API wrapper for Discord.
- Scholarships for upcoming FastAPI + MongoDB live course
- Humble Bundle for Python 2022
- Michael's crazy earbuds (UE Fits)