#351: A Python Empire (or MPIRE?)
About the show
Sponsored by Sentry: pythonbytes.fm/sentry
Connect with the hosts
Join us on YouTube at pythonbytes.fm/live to be part of the audience. Usually Tuesdays at 11am PT. Older video versions available there too.
Michael #1: mpire
- A Python package for easy multiprocessing, but faster than multiprocessing
MPIREis faster in most scenarios, packs more features, and is generally more user-friendly than the default multiprocessing package.
- Tons of features.
- Nice intro article with benchmarks.
Brian #2: mopup - the macOS Python.org Updater
- Glyph Lefkowitz
- On a mac, install Python with the standard Python.org installer.
- Then, periodically, update with
python3 -m mopup
- I just did it and went from Python 3.11.4 to 3.11.5
- See also Get Your Mac Python From Python.org for reasons to use python.org over other ways, also from Glyph.
Michael #3: Immortal Objects for Python
- Instagram has introduced Immortal Objects – PEP-683 – to Python.
Brian #4: Common Docstring Formats in Python
- Scott Robinson
- I don’t mean to disrespect Scott, but I’m honestly curious if this is really common.
- I like docstrings for the “why” of a function. And prefer type hints for types.
- Let me know what you use, at @email@example.com
- In search for a working retro Lunar Lander in Python
Joke: It’s Bingo Time!